How To Clean a Stroller
Cleaning your child’s stroller? From dealing with tiny crumbs, juice spills, dirt and all the best tips to keeping it neat and fresh, we present an easy cleaning guide that you can follow when tidying up a stroller.
Cleaning Your Child's Stroller: A Step-by-Step Guide1. Disassemble the stroller fabric - Remove the canopy and the detachable padded portions of the stroller by hand. You can also use a screwdriver to remove the bolts that hold the fabric down. Set these stroller fabrics aside for cleaning.
2. Clean the crumbs away from the stroller -The next step in cleaning a baby stroller is to get rid of food crumbs that have found their way into the deepest corners of your child’s seat. You can use a handheld vacuum cleaner or the nozzle attachment of your heavy-duty vacuum cleaner to draw all the tiny crumbs and dirt from the seat. Continue doing this until you are certain there are no crumbs left on the seat. Afterwards, make sure you work your way towards the stroller's area where the back meets the bottom of the seat. Vacuuming is a fast and powerful way for you to get rid of these crumbs of cereals, raisins and other particles from the nooks and crannies of the stroller’s fabric in a flash.
3. Clean and refresh the stroller fabrics - Using cold water, wash and disinfect the fabrics with mild soap or a laundry detergent. Clean the fabrics and the canopy using a damp cloth and soapy water and scrub any soiled areas using a soft fabric brush. Remember to also clean and wipe down hard surfaces such as the stroller’s handles. Let them air dry after in a warm place.
4. Clean and freshen up the stroller frame - Both the metal and plastic parts of your stroller will also need their own cleaning. Before you begin, inspect these parts first to make sure they’re free from any dirt or debris. For parts like the parking brake, make sure that it’s clear of dirt, leaves or other debris from the ground. Clean the frame by wiping it with a damp cloth and mild soap. Do this until the surface becomes spotless once again and use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away the excess water and soap. An essential tip: make sure to avoid using abrasives and strong solvents to clean a stroller as they can scratch and cause corrosion.
5. Wash the stroller wheels - If you’re the type who uses the stroller to go with their child pretty much anywhere, then you wouldn’t want to miss this step! With little to constant use, stroller wheels will always get dirty so it’s important to always inspect them while cleaning your stroller. You can clean these baby wheels by getting rid of the dirt and debris around the tires and wiping them with cloth and soap. More than cleaning them, checking the wheels’ quality is also a must to keep your baby safe during travels. If they’re pneumatic tires, check the air pressure to make sure they’re still properly inflated. For tires without air, just check them and make sure that there are no holes or debris getting in the way when using the stroller.
6. Store and organize it neatly - After letting your stroller dry, you’ll need to store it properly for the next time you and your child use it. Because your stroller has just been cleaned, it’s important to keep it in an area that would let any excess water or moist completely dry out. Doing this will prevent the annoying occurrence of rust and mold from happening — something that you would want to avoid! For a long storage period, you can add another layer of protection by covering the stroller with a cloth or a plastic cover.
Make Your Family Travel Stress-Free
Follow these simple steps when cleaning and you can expect your stroller to be as good as new again for your next family trip. But in case your stroller is already beyond cleaning and repair, come to us and we’ll help you pick a new one! Whether you're on the hunt for the best stroller or car seat for your child, or if you simply want to know more about child passenger safety, then give us a call at Taxi Baby! We put and keep your child's safety as our top priority. Our team would be happy to help with your stroller or car seat needs and any inquiry you have to keep your family travel convenient and stress-free.