Elise Mawson, our founder and head car seat tech, is an engineer, an Australian-certified child car restraint fitter, and a US-certified child passenger safety technician instructor. Plus, she's mum to three boys and has mountains of experience travelling with them in planes, taxis, rental cars, school buses and her own car. Given there are millions of car seats on the market, she's a veritable fountain of expert advice and information on which car seats will best suit your child, your lifestyle, your vehicle/s and your budget (even if you're trying to fit three kids in one row!).
Elise is here to help you. She is currently offering three different types of consultations:
1. Virtual micro-consult $20: Simply complete our pre-consult checklist (which will be emailed to you after order confirmation) and Elise will review your situation and give you advice over WhatsApp. You can go back and forth with Elise over a week, so you can feel confident in your decision making process. For examples of virtual micro-consults, please check out our blog. The consult fee will go towards any item purchased from our store should you choose to order after your consult. *This option is great if you're about to leave the hospital with your new baby and you want Elise to check bub is buckled safely!*
2. Video call consultation $55: A 30-minute video call with Elise. Especially useful if you feel swamped by research and want to clarify how it all works and what you really need.
3. In-person consultation $90: If you have more than one specific concern, or you'd rather chat with Elise in person, you can book a time to sit down together at our office. For example, if you're expecting your first child and you want to learn how to use your car seat safely, you have a preemie and you need help choosing and using a car seat, or you're new to town and you need to transition from having your own car back home, to using taxis in Singapore.
Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive an email with a link to initiate your consult.
If you want to try fitting seats into your car, head over to our car seat installations page to find out about our Puzzling Sessions.
- Please complete the pre-consult checklist, which will be emailed to you after the checkout process.
- Elise will get back to you within one working day.
- Elise will give you feedback on the seats that suit your needs (as provided by you in the pre-consult checklist).
- The micro-consult service isn't an opportunity to get Elise's general feedback on an unlimited number of car seat brands/models. It is to help you make an informed decision on what's best for your family.
- You'll be able to chat with Elise over the space of a week.
In-person and video consults
- You may reschedule your in-person consultation up to two times.
- Wherever possible, please provide at least 48 hours' notice so we can make the session available to another family.
We ship within Singapore. We offer:
- standard shipping (4-6 working days); $6 for orders under $49; free for orders over $49
- self-collection from our warehouse*, and
- next-day delivery; $10 for orders under $49; $6 for orders over $49
Please note that Ninja Van does not deliver our orders on Sundays, Mondays or Public Holidays. Our daily order processing cut-off time is 5pm. All orders after 5pm will be processed the next business day.
Please note: To avoid shipping delays, please provide a local contact number when prompted upon checkout. If there is a failure in delivery, Ninja Van will attempt a second delivery free of charge. If this delivery is unsuccessful, your parcel will be returned to us and we will then contact you - you may choose to do a self-collection from our warehouse at this point, or pay for re-delivery. (Re-delivery costs will vary by parcel dimensions.)
Please note that while we will do everything in our power to use the best service we can find and make sure your delivery runs smoothly, the delivery component is out of our control. You may provide instructions to our courier if no one is home, we'll pass the information on to the courier.
We ship around the world with DHL Express and Registered Mail. In our experience, DHL Express is an incredibly reliable service provider and shipments are handled by DHL Express personnel from beginning to end. Of all the couriers that we have access to in Singapore, DHL is the fastest shipping option humanly possible. We have found that local in-country postal services (Registered Mail) can be less reliable than DHL Express and delays should be expected.
How much will it cost?
When you reach the checkout page of our website, prices for your selected country will be shown. If you aren't seeing a DHL Express option, please double check your post code and address.
How long will it take?
DHL Express transit times are typically 1-4 business days globally, from dispatch date and we aim to dispatch all orders within 1 business day. Registered Mail transit times are shown at check out, but based on our experience, please expect delays.
Please note that estimated transit times are based on efficient processing at local customs checkpoints. Any delays at customs is solely accountable to the local customs operations and it completely beyond the control of DHL, the postal service provider and Plane Pal Asia.
Will I have to pay import taxes and/or duties upon delivery?
For orders sent by Registered Mail, the shipping cost generally includes prepaid taxes and duties so there should be no additional payment required upon delivery. Please note that each country's local postal service handles import taxes and duties differently and you may be requested to pay additional fees and charges. If you do, please let us know so that we can update this page for the benefit of other customers.
For orders sent by DHL Express, the shipping cost excludes taxes and duties applicable in the destination country and these will be charged to you, by DHL, upon delivery. Please note that import taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of your country's customs department and we have absolutely no control over the amount nor payment methods applied.