Elise Mawson, our founder and head car seat tech, is an engineer, an Australian-certified child car restraint fitter, and a US-certified child passenger safety technician instructor. Plus, she's mum to three boys and has mountains of experience travelling with them in planes, taxis, rental cars, school buses and her own car. Given there are millions of car seats on the market, she's a veritable fountain of expert advice and information on which car seats will best suit your child, your lifestyle, your vehicle/s and your budget (even if you're trying to fit three kids in one row!).
Elise is here to help you. She is currently offering three different types of consultations:
1. Virtual micro-consult $10: Simply complete our pre-consult checklist (which will be emailed to you after order confirmation) and Elise will review your situation and give you advice over WhatsApp. You can go back and forth with Elise over a week, so you can feel confident in your decision making process. For examples of virtual micro-consults, please check out our blog. The consult fee will go towards any item purchased from our store should you choose to order after your consult. *This option is great if you're about to leave the hospital with your new baby and you want Elise to check bub is buckled safely!*
2. Micro-consult with fit-check $20: Includes a virtual micro-consult with Elise, plus an in-person session with one of our car seat technicians to double check whether the recommended seats fit in your car. The fit-check session will be conducted at our office. This is most commonly needed if you want the new seat to fit with your existing seats, if your car has poor-compatibility features, or you need the front seat to be pushed right back, limiting the space behind it. You are welcome to start off with a virtual micro-consult and top up for the fit-check later. The consult fee will go towards any item purchased from our store should you choose to order after your consult.
3. In-person consultation $90: If you have more than one specific concern, or you'd rather chat with Elise in person, you can book a time to sit down together at our office. For example, if you're expecting your first child and you want to learn how to use your car seat safely, you have a preemie and you need help choosing and using a car seat, or you're new to town and you need to transition from having your own car back home, to using taxis in Singapore.
Once you complete the checkout process, you will receive an email with a link to initiate your consult.
Terms & Conditions
- Please complete the pre-consult checklist, which will be emailed to you after the checkout process.
- Elise will get back to you within one working day.
- Elise will give you feedback on the seats that suit your needs (as provided by you in the pre-consult checklist).
- The micro-consult service isn't an opportunity to get Elise's general feedback on an unlimited number of car seat brands/models. It is to help you make an informed decision on what's best for your family.
- You'll be able to chat with Elise over the space of a week.
- You may reschedule your in-person consultation up to two times.
- Wherever possible, please provide at least 48 hours' notice so we can make the session available to another family.