RideSafer Delight Wearable Safety Restraint
A really clever piece of engineering, the RideSafer is the safest non-car seat available. Not only does it accurately position the seat belt over the strongest parts of a child's fragile body, but it features energy dispersion technology to absorb a significant portion of the crsah forces away from the child's body.
Weighing under 0.6kg, it's ideal for taxis, Grab cars and especially school buses - as the seat belt attachment points are all on the front of the child's body which make it a lot easier and more efficient for Bus Attendants to install correctly.
It works quickly and easily with regular 3-point seat belts, but it's possible to install with a lap-only seat belt as long as the vehicle has a top tether anchor in that seating position. We recommend you use the included (optional) crotch belt for added safety and the top tether strap (optional if you're using a 3-point seat belt) is ideal for wriggly kids.
- American certified, FMVSS 213 (approved by Singapore Traffic Police)
- Seat belt positioning device
- Adjustable shoulder belt guides allow for optimal positioning as your child grows
- Cool-flow mesh for improved air flow
- Lightweight at just 0.6kg
- Perfect for fitting three passengers in one row
- Backpack included
- Air-infused polymer padding underneath seat belt path helps protect against seat belt bruising
- Deformable metal hardware designed to absorb crash forces away from the child's body
- Suitable for handwashing
What's in the box?
- RideSafer vest
- Crotch strap
- Top tether strap
- Neck cushion
- Instruction manual
Will it fit your child?
The RideSafer can be used for children aged 3 years and above, with a minimum weight of 10kg.
RideSafer is available in three sizes:
- Extra Small generally fits kids under 13kg and is perfect for slim-framed and petite young children.
- Small generally fits kids from 13-25kg and will usually fit average-to-large 3 year olds right away (without needing XS). It tends to fit larger kids until 6 years old and petite kids until 8-10 years old.
- Large generally fits kids from 22-36kg which is typically around 6-12 years old for a larger kid.
It's completely normal for there to be a gap between the top of the child's shoulders and the vest straps. The shoulder belt guide on the vest is adjustable, so the shoulder belt can be positioned optimally while the vest itself looks too big.
RideSafer is outgrown by seated torso height, not by age, weight or total height. These are the maximum torso heights for each size (dimensions are approximate):
- Extra-small: 28cm
- Small: 33 cm
- Large: 40 cm
To measure your child's seated torso height, have them sit (without slouching) on the floor against a wall, then measure from the top of their thighs to the top of their shoulder.
We recommend your child uses a car seat for as long as possible. If you think your child has outgrown their car seat and they are younger than 4 years old, please read this guide on how to check if your child has really outgrown their car seat.
Will it fit your car?
The RideSafer can only be used in vehicles with forward facing seating positions which have a 3-point seat belt. If you have a lap-only seat belt, then you can use the RideSafer in conjunction with the included tether strap, however in Asia it's very uncommon to have lap-only belt seating positions that are equipped with top tether anchors. If you have a lap-only seat belt without a tether anchor, you're limited to using rear facing car seats such as the Cosco Scenera NEXT and Diono Radian.
The widest part of the RideSafer is your child's bottom. Parents often choose to use the RideSafer directly beside other larger car seats in order to fit three passengers in one row.
Download the RideSafer instruction manual.
This first video is from Safe Traffic System, the manufacturer of RideSafer, and shows how simple it is to install:
This second video is designed as a comprehensive tutorial so that you get every little step of the installation correct. We've intentionally broken each step down and explained it:
- Certification: American FMVSS 213
- Child's weight: 10-36kg
- Child's age: 3 years and above
- Product weight: 600g
- Product width: Same as your child
- ISOfix compatible: No
- Top tether required: No
- 3-point seat belt: Yes
- Lap-only seat belt: Yes, with tether
- Airline approved: In progress
We take the safety of your child very seriously. For this reason, once a child restraint has been unboxed, we cannot accept a return on it, as we can not be sure that it is safe to sell onto another family.
If you are unsure if the RideSafer is right for you, please contact us.
- The RideSafer has a 10-year Singapore warranty, from the date of purchase.
- To activate the warranty period, please register at ridesafer.net/product-registration.
- The warranty covers all manufacturing and material defects.
- The warranty is only applicable to the customer who purchased the product from us and does not pass to subsequent owners if the seat is further sold.
- The warranty does not cover the cost of shipping parts or products.
- If you would like to make a warranty claim, please contact us.
We ship within Singapore. We offer:
- standard shipping (4-6 working days); $6 for orders under $49; free for orders over $49
- self-collection from our warehouse*, and
- next-day delivery; $10 for orders under $49; $6 for orders over $49
Please note that Ninja Van does not deliver our orders on Sundays, Mondays or Public Holidays. Our daily order processing cut-off time is 5pm. All orders after 5pm will be processed the next business day.
Please note: To avoid shipping delays, please provide a local contact number when prompted upon checkout. If there is a failure in delivery, Ninja Van will attempt a second delivery free of charge. If this delivery is unsuccessful, your parcel will be returned to us and we will then contact you - you may choose to do a self-collection from our warehouse at this point, or pay for re-delivery. (Re-delivery costs will vary by parcel dimensions.)
Please note that while we will do everything in our power to use the best service we can find and make sure your delivery runs smoothly, the delivery component is out of our control. You may provide instructions to our courier if no one is home, we'll pass the information on to the courier.
*If you've chosen to collect your order from our warehouse, you can find our address, phone number and opening hours in the order confirmation email. Please note that there won't be someone available to install or demonstrate your purchase.
We ship around the world with DHL Express and Registered Mail. In our experience, DHL Express is an incredibly reliable service provider and shipments are handled by DHL Express personnel from beginning to end. Of all the couriers that we have access to in Singapore, DHL is the fastest shipping option humanly possible. We have found that local in-country postal services (Registered Mail) can be less reliable than DHL Express and delays should be expected.
How much will it cost?
When you reach the checkout page of our website, prices for your selected country will be shown. If you aren't seeing a DHL Express option, please double check your post code and address.
How long will it take?
DHL Express transit times are typically 1-4 business days globally, from dispatch date and we aim to dispatch all orders within 1 business day. Registered Mail transit times are shown at check out, but based on our experience, please expect delays.
Please note that estimated transit times are based on efficient processing at local customs checkpoints. Any delays at customs is solely accountable to the local customs operations and it completely beyond the control of DHL, the postal service provider and Plane Pal Asia.
Will I have to pay import taxes and/or duties upon delivery?
For orders sent by Registered Mail, the shipping cost generally includes prepaid taxes and duties so there should be no additional payment required upon delivery. Please note that each country's local postal service handles import taxes and duties differently and you may be requested to pay additional fees and charges. If you do, please let us know so that we can update this page for the benefit of other customers.
For orders sent by DHL Express, the shipping cost excludes taxes and duties applicable in the destination country and these will be charged to you, by DHL, upon delivery. Please note that import taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of your country's customs department and we have absolutely no control over the amount nor payment methods applied.